- New York State prohibit anyone under the age of 21 from purchasing/Consuming alcohol.Each member of the campus community must take responsibility for obeying the law.Alcoholic beverages may be sold on campus only by licensed and insured vendors as provided in these guidelines.
- Open alcoholic beverage containers are prohibited in all outdoor and indoor areas of the campus except as provided below.Bringing alcoholic beverages to any event is prohibited.
- Residence hall students who are 21 or over may consume alcoholic beverages in their living areas. All other residence hall areas shall be alcohol free.
- Campus departments and sponsored campus/community groups may serve alcoholic beverages under the condition that at least one faculty or staff person shall supervise the event to ensure compliance with state and local laws and the college’s alcohol guidelines.
- The United Students’ Government shall forward approved major student events where alcohol will be sold to the dean of students for review of the qualifications of potential alcohol vendors and approval of the planned use of alcohol.
- Whenever alcoholic beverages are served, non-alcoholic beverages and food shall also be made available.
- Alcoholic beverages may be served only in conjunction with the program. They shall not be used as the main attraction of the event.
- Students who unlawfully use, possess, manufacture, or distribute alcohol will be subject to the college’s disciplinary procedures.
- Penalties may include probation, suspension, expulsion, and referral for criminal prosecution. A penalty of $50 per offense for any person under the age of 21 who is in possession of an alcoholic beverage with the intent to consume it.
- A person under the age of 21 who presents falsified or fraudulently altered proof of age for the purpose of purchasing, or attempting to purchase, alcoholic beverages is guilty of a violation and is subject to a one year probationary period and fine.
- A person who uses a falsified driver’s license for the purpose of purchasing, or attempting to purchase, alcoholic beverages may have his or her driver’s license suspended.
Specific questions regarding campus regulations and alcohol-related events should be addressed to the dean of students.Please contact Events Management at 878-6114 with questions or to obtain copies of the necessary forms.